What kind of training do I need to get started ?

Entry level positions such as Floorhand require two basic training certificates: H2S Alive, and First Aid.

What kind of work gear will I need ?

You will need a number of PPE items to get started in any field position in the oil and gas industry. Please click here for a printable work gear list.

Will I need transport myself to work ?

You will be required to transport yourself to your work location or designated pick up area as required.

What kind of training will I receive ?

You will receive on the job training and the safety certificates required as you progress in your career within any of the Trinidad companies. The Rig Technician Program is just one of the many training initiatives that Trinidad supports, please see for more information.

Is there potential to advance within the company ?

Trinidad offers a wide variety of career opportunities to talented and motivated individuals, who wish to excel within our organization.

What kind of hours and schedules will I be working ?

The hours of work and schedules will very by position; typically field position require 12 hours shifts, working on a rotational shift cycle.

Where will I stay while I am at work and will I be required to pay for my own accommodations ?

If you are required to work in a remote location; you will either be paid a subsistence allowance to cover your accommodation expenses, or you will be placed in a camp situation.

Will I need a driver’s license ?

You must hold a valid driver’s license.

Will I be required to work out doors in any type of weather ?

Field positions on a drilling, service, or coring rig will require you to work your shifts outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.

What happens in case of personal emergency ?

If you are required to leave a remote location due to personal emergency, every effort will be made to transport you home as quickly as possible.

Will I be required to work on statutory holidays ?

If your work rotation lands on a statutory holiday you will be required to work. Holiday pay is paid at the rate set by government regulation.

What is the pay ?

Rates of pay will vary by position, and company. For more information on rates of pay please click here to see the CAODC recommended wages for service and drilling rigs.

Will I be required to complete any type of pre-employment testing ?

Please click here to view physical demands requirements that may be required for pre-employment physical testing requirements.

How do I know this is the right career for me ?

A career in the drilling and service industry can be very rewarding, but it may not be for everyone – take the Self Evaluation quiz to find out.