Trinidad Drilling is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information which is collected, used and disclosed in the conduct of its business.
Personal information means any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual, except business title and business contact information, and includes information about prospective, present or former employees and external parties.
Trinidad Drilling will obtain express or implied consent of individuals, except where otherwise permitted by law, to collect, use and disclose personal information for reasonable business purposes. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. The purpose for the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information, except where otherwise permitted by law, will be identified before or when the information is collected.
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
In general, personal information collected, used and disclosed about prospective, present or former employees is for administering, planning and managing an individual's employment relationship with Trinidad and includes but is not limited to:
- ensuring the safety and security of staff and corporate assets, including company-held information;
- determining eligibility for initial employment, including the verification of references and qualifications;
- administering pay and benefits;
- facilitating professional development and performance;
- complying with applicable employment or legal requirements;
- communicating with staff; and
- other reasonable purposes as required to manage the employment relationship.
In general, the personal information collected, used and disclosed about external parties is for the purposes of:
- providing information about Trinidad Drilling and its operations to external parties;
- managing and administering contracts with external parties;
- establishing, maintaining and managing Trinidad Drilling's business relationship with and providing for the safety of external parties;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- facilitating participation in Trinidad Drilling events;
- to protect the rights and property of Trinidad Drilling;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of an individual or group of individuals; and
- other reasonable purposes consistent with Trinidad Drilling's business objectives.
Personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. Trinidad Drilling endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected (including, for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements or obligations), or as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal information, make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you. Upon request, individuals may be granted the reasonable right of access and review of their personal information. When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of the fee in advance.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There may be instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Through this web site, Trinidad Drilling does automatically collect information about Internet service networks used to access our web site. This data does not contain any personal information about individual visitors to the site but does include your Internet Protocol Address and domain name used, the type of browser and operating system, the date and time of the visit and the web pages or services accessed. The information collected is used for purposes that include assessing system performance, improving web services and website management as well as tracking the number of visitors to the site.